DKL Griptape won't rip your shoes because its material is similar to the rubber found on ping pong paddles.
Rubber is grippy yet Non-Abrasive, we simply tweaked it to have the same flick as sandpaper using molecular adhesion and the plow effect.
EXAMPLE:   Although an Indoor Basketball Court is Non-Abrasive, it provides the same grip as a sandpaper-like Outdoor Court.
Skateboarding is expensive. Keep your shoes fresh and save money ($$$).
TIP #1: How to apply DKL Griptape
- 1. Cut with a razor not already dulled by sandpaper
- 2. Trim the grip at a 45 degree taper
- 3. Sand down the edges
- 4. (optional) Trim out excess grip from inside the bolt holes
- **For a step-by-step, click on our "How To Apply" video --->
TIP #2: DKL Griptape works best if your shoes don't already have giant holes in them since it's designed to grip your shoe's material.
TIP #3: To clean DKL Griptape, simply wipe with a damp rag for a fresh grip.
WIN A $100 DKL SPONSOR BOX
(Choose Bounty -> Film -> Tag)
The Bounty Program is a new way to sponsor skaters by DKL Skateboarding.
There are so many amazing skaters and types of skating (manual pad, big stair, freestyle etc.), but traditionally it's difficult to sponsor more than a handful. The Bounty Program is a way to sponsor more skaters more frequently while getting them the recognition they deserve.
Each winning video will be featured on our page and receive a $100+ DKL Sponsor Box. Details below.
DKL BOUNTY PROGRAM:Tricks for Treats
THE DEETS: All you need is a phone to film. To Enter, choose a Bounty to complete, film it (clips should be < 60s) and post on your Instagram with a caption and the bounty's hashtags. Complete as many bounties as you like but only one entry per Bounty. You cannot submit someone else's video. The Bounty and its requirements must be completed to be eligible. We choose whoever's entry we like the best. If the Bounty is up, it's still eligible for entry. May the best skater(s) win! Questions?
NEW Version of DKL Griptape - Now Available
On 12/26, we launched our NEW Version of DKL Griptape with an improved adhesive! This version fixes peeling issues that some people experienced with our first version in 2017. To get the BEST out of DKL Griptape, please follow our How to Apply video and SAND yo edges! DKL Griptape also works best with shoes that aren’t already torn up since it’s designed to grip to the rubber and texture on your shoes. Thank you to all our supporters, we couldn’t have done this without you!
We're on it! We'll be posting updates on our progress via facebook and instagram. Please follow us if you'd like to be kept up to date.
To help ensure DKL Griptape is available near you, please ask for us by name at your favorite skate shop and help us spread the word. The more people asking, the better chance a shop will carry us.
Unfortunately, we don't have an option for longboards at this time, since the larger width size needed for most longboards isn't optimal with our current machines. This wastes a lot of extra material which drives up cost significantly and just isn't feasible at this time. In the meantime, our best suggestion would be to use multiple pieces to fit your board. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you'll understand.
How can I help DKL Griptape save morer shoes?
Please ask for us by name at your favorite skateshop! The more people asking, the better chance your shop will carry us!
Bounty Program Rules and Stuff
1. Film yourself completing a Bounty and its requirements. Clips should be < 60s and don't forget to include a shoutout to DKL Skateboarding in your clip.
2. To submit your clip, post it on Instagram with a caption and the hashtags mentioned in the bounty.
3. We choose which video we like best. We could find a video we like in the first week or a month later, so submitting your videos as soon as you can will increase your chances. If the bounty is up on our website, it is still eligible for entry. Bounties will be updated periodically once a month or sooner.
4. If we choose your video, we'll direct message (DM) you through Instagram to give you the good news and next steps for shipping your rewards!
5. Complete as many bounties as you want, but only one entry per Bounty. You cannot submit someone else's video. Entries currently limited to US only.
For the LOVE OF SKATEBOARDING, may the best skater(s) win!!!