DKL Griptape won't rip your shoes because it's similar to the rubber found on ping pong paddles. Abrasive griptape = sandpaper. A material designed for industrial cutting or abrasion processes typically made from particles of Silicon Carbide or Aluminum Oxide.
Instead of abrasion, we use concepts like molecular adhesion and the plow effect to provide the same legit grip as sandpaper.
EXAMPLE: Similarly, an Indoor VS Outdoor Basketball Court both provide the same grip, but only one will cut you up if you slide on it.
We all know skateboarding is expensive. Our mission is two-fold. Keep your shoes looking fresh and save you money.
FREE PUPPIES HERE
Sike. There are a few differences to note when applying DKL Griptape. See our tips below or How To Apply video here --->
1. Sandpaper not only eats shoes, but it nicks up your razor. It's easier to use a sharp razor not already dulled by sandpaper when applying DKL Griptape.
2. IMPORTANT: Just like sandpaper grip, you'll need to sand the edges of DKL Griptape, A clear film will become visible around the perimeter to indicate when you're done. *e.g. see thumbnail --->
3. Let the adhesive set for at least 1 hr or overnight.
WIN A $100 DKL SPONSOR BOX
(Choose Bounty -> Film -> Tag)
The Bounty Program is a new way to sponsor skaters by DKL Skateboarding.
There are so many amazing skaters and types of skating (manual pad, big stair, freestyle etc.), but traditionally it's difficult to sponsor more than a handful. The Bounty Program is a way to sponsor more skaters more frequently while getting them the recognition they deserve.
Each winning video will be featured on our page and receive a $100+ DKL Sponsor Box. Details below.
DKL BOUNTY PROGRAM:Tricks for Treats
THE DEETS: All you need is a phone to film. To Enter, choose a Bounty to complete, film it (clips should be < 60s) and post on your Instagram with a caption and the bounty's hashtags. Complete as many bounties as you like but only one entry per Bounty. You cannot submit someone else's video. The Bounty and its requirements must be completed to be eligible. We choose whoever's entry we like the best. If the Bounty is up, it's still eligible for entry. May the best skater(s) win! Questions?
NEW Version of DKL Griptape - Now Available
On 12/26, we launched our NEW Version of DKL Griptape with an improved adhesive! This version fixes peeling issues that some people experienced with our first version in 2017. To get the BEST out of DKL Griptape, please follow our “How To Apply” video and SAND yo edges yo! DKL Griptape also works best with shoes that aren’t already torn up since it’s designed to grip to the rubber and texture on your shoes. Thank you to all our supporters, we couldn’t have done this without you!
We're on it! Our first priority has been to improve DKL Griptape's adhesive to make it the best it could be, and this delayed our plans for international shipping. However, now that we've completed the updated version, we should have some exciting updates by June 2018! We'll be making announcements and updates via facebook and instagram. Please follow us if you'd like to be kept up to date.
To help ensure DKL Griptape is available near you, please ask for us by name at your favorite skate shop and help us spread the word. The more people asking, the better chance a shop will carry us.
Unfortunately, we don't have an option for longboards at this time, since the larger width size needed for most longboards isn't optimal with our current machines. This wastes a lot of extra material which drives up cost significantly and just isn't feasible at this time. In the meantime, our best suggestion would be to use multiple pieces to fit your board. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you'll understand.
How can I help DKL Griptape save morer shoes?
Please ask for us by name at your favorite skateshop! The more people asking, the better chance your shop will carry us!
Bounty Program Rules and Stuff
1. Film yourself completing a Bounty and its requirements. Clips should be < 60s and don't forget to include a shoutout to DKL Skateboarding in your clip.
2. To submit your clip, post it on Instagram with a caption and the hashtags mentioned in the bounty.
3. We choose which video we like best. We could find a video we like in the first week or a month later, so submitting your videos as soon as you can will increase your chances. If the bounty is up on our website, it is still eligible for entry. Bounties will be updated periodically once a month or sooner.
4. If we choose your video, we'll direct message (DM) you through Instagram to give you the good news and next steps for shipping your rewards!
5. Complete as many bounties as you want, but only one entry per Bounty. You cannot submit someone else's video. Entries currently limited to US only.
For the LOVE OF SKATEBOARDING, may the best skater(s) win!!!